iTelescope - T31 - Deep Space - Australia
Observatory: iTelescope.Net at Siding Spring Observatory Australia - MPC Q62
Telescope: 0.50-m f/6.8 reflector + CCD + focal reducer
Timezone: UTC +10:00 New South Wales, Australia Daylight savings time is observed.
Minimum Target Elevation: Approx 25º
South 31° 16' 24" East 149° 03' 52"
Elevation: 1122m MPC Code Q62
Deep Field. Hybrid Missions. Typically used for Photometry and Imaging. FITS and TIF file formats. Dark Frame calibration data is available for 60, 120, 180, 300, 600 second exposures. Binx1 - Binx2. Raw data can be found at data.itelescope.net.
- Recommended Maximum Exposure 300 seconds. Best results on Binx1.
- The Planewave Ascension 200HR mount is so accurate whilst tracking that iTelescope Admin have disabled active guidance, with a corresponding decrease in session setup time when imaging.
- T31 as well as T24 use RBI flooding to flush the CCD wells of any residual data from the previous images.
- If this is not done then ghost images of bright objects like stars can remain on the chip when another user selects a new target. They appear as faint ghost like images of stars or spots in the image. So we flush the CCD of any old data and clean the images for following users or different targets.
- We MUST also produce MATCHING Bias / Darks calibration data that includes this RBI flush in order to produce acceptable images. This calibration data MUST match the exposure lengths of the image. Eg. 60, 120, 180, 300, 600 or 900 seconds.
- So if your imaging sessions on T31 are for example using 150 second exposures then NO MATCHING CALIBRATION data will be able to be applied by the telescope server to automatically remove the RBI flush effect from your data. If you use our standard and recommended exposure times the RBI artifacts will not appear. You of course have the option of taking your own custom Dark Calibration during your session and applying this calibration yourself post session.
CCD: FLI-PL09000 CCD camera
QE: 68% Peak
Full Well: ~100,000e- Anti Blooming Gate (ABG)
Dark Current: <0.1 e-/pixel/sec. @ -35ºC
Pixel Size: 12um Square
Resolution: 1.1 arc-secs/pixel
Cooling: Set to -30ºC default
Array: 3056 by 3056 (9.3 Megapixels)
FOV: 55.9 x 55.9 arc-mins
Astrodon E-Series Luminance, Red, Green, Blue
Astrodon 5nm Ha, SII, OIII
Astrodon Johnson/Cousins V, Rc, Ic
Position Angle: 088º
OTA: Planewave 20" (0.51m) CDK
Optical Design: Corrected Dall-Kirkham Astrograph
Focal Length: 2259mm (focal reducer)
Guiding: Active Guiding Disabled
Mount: Planewave Ascension 200HR