iTelescope - T5 - Medium Deep Space - Utah
< Previous Telescope | Next Telescope >
Observatory: Utah Desert Remote Observatory at Great Basin Desert, Beryl Junction, Utah, USA
Telescope: 0.25-m f/3.4 reflector + CCD
Timezone: UTC Minus 7:00. Daylight savings time is observed
Minimum Target Elevation: 15º all azimuths except noted. 34º elevation for azimuths 220-320º.
N 37° 44’ 16" Decimal: 37.7378 North
W 113° 41’ 51" Decimal: -113.6975 West
Elevation: 1,570 meters / 5150 ft
Medium Wide - Deep Field. Entry level Science Platform. Typically used for Science Missions. Photometry and Narrowband Imaging. FITS and TIF file formats. Raw data can be found at data.itelescope.net.
- Dark Frame calibration data is available for 60, 120, 180, 300, 600 second exposures. Binx1 - Binx2. Non Anti Bloom Gate (NABG) CCD. Bright stars will bloom or bleed in long exposures. Recommended Maximum Exposure 600 seconds.
- T5 is one of the busiest remote telescopes on the iTelescope Network. It allows its many drivers to gather valuable science data with its moderate wide angle FoV and sharp Takahashi optics. Coupled with its ST10XME CCD NABG camera, T5 can go very deep and wide with ease and very high reliability. But care should be taken by those new to NABG cameras.
- Keep your exposures short if very bright stars are in your target FoV. Trial and error can help you fine tune exposure times as well and the right processing tools to repair the image and remove blooming if necessary.
- This system is included for use in the Demo Upgrade Package.
- IMPORTANT NOTES: T5 is Externally Guided: Please limit sub-exposure times to 300 seconds or less for best results.
CCD: SBIG ST-10XME
QE: 85% Peak
Full Well: ~100,000e- NABG
Dark Current: ~1e- / pixel / sec at 0°
A/D Gain: 1.3e-/ADU
Pixel Size: 6.8um Square
Cooling: Set to -15c default
Array: 2184 x 1472 (3.2 Megapixels)
Filters: Red Green Blue, Ha, SII, OIII, Clear and Johnson's Cousin's Photometric B,V, and I filters.
|Size:||60.6 x 40.8 arcmin|
|Pixel scale:||1.65 arcsec/pixel|
|Orientation:||Up is 177 degrees E of N|
OTA: Takahashi Epsilon 250
Optical Design: Hyperbolic Flat-Field Astrograph
Focal Length: 850mm
Mount: Paramount PME